Drunken PANCAKE Sunday! 😀
For all the non-waffle iron owners out there…
♫ If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain ♫
♫ If you’re not into yoga, if you have half a brain ♫
♫ If you like making love at midnight in the dunes on the cape ♫
…Well, I can’t help you with that, but I CAN give you some pancakes! Besides, you may want to take a minute to consider where all that sand will end up going! 😯
Pina Colada Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Keywords: breakfast pancakes high protein greek yogurt pineapple Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/3 cup oat flour (ground from rolled oats)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein (30g scoop)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tablespoons coconut-flavored Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons water (or milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract (or vanilla)
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced fresh pineapple (bite-sized cubes)
- Toppings: Thinned coconut-flavored Greek yogurt, fresh pineapple, coconut chips, and chia seeds
1. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flours, protein powder, and baking powder and whisk together to break up any lumps.
3. In a separate bowl, vigorously whisk egg white until frothy.
4. To the egg white, add Greek yogurt, water (or milk) and extract and stir to combine.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
6. Fold in diced pineapple.
7. Allow batter to rest for at least 5 minutes before spooning onto skillet, forming 3 small-medium-sized pancakes.
8. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until edges are crisp and golden.
9. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
10. Transfer to a plate, add toppings, and enjoy!
Thick, fluffy, filled with JUICY bits of sweet and tangy pineapple pieces and topped with cool blanket of coconut-flavored yogurt…
Are you drooling yet?
Lesson of the day: Pancakes are safer than drunken sex-filled nights on the beach…and well, no one said you couldn’t use the breakfast table for “other” activities!
But you may want to the look into that whole yoga thing…
I hear it helps with flexibility!
What’s your favorite cocktail…alcoholic OR virgin?
I’m more of a wine kind of gal, but I have been known to enjoy a good (sand-less)
sex on the beach! 😉
Be sure to check out my celebrity interview aka guest post over on Arman’s blog today…his intro enough will have you peeing your pants!