Happy Sunday peoples!
I hope you are all having a fun and relaxing weekend…and NOT freezing your ba-tooties off! It’s been in the 20s here for the last few days and we have a high of FOUR DEGREES tomorrow! Baaaaa-ut, as much as I’m hating Mother Nature right now, I’ve got something better planned to talk about today!
A couple of weeks ago, I gave a suggestion to Arman of a topic for Spill It Sunday and this week is THE week! Today it’s all about the throwback for a look at childhood dreams…and I think it fits in perfectly given the last He Said She Said topic that he and Davida collaborated on. If you haven’t read that post, I highly recommend it!
And well, we can’t very well have a throwback post without a
selfie throwback PICTURE, right?!
FYI, that was my Easter dress…my mother never could get me in pastels! Lol!
1. What did you want to be when you were younger (career wise)?
Oh gah, WHERE should I start?! I went through so many “phases” when I was a kid. And I say it with quotation marks because they were honestly more like fixations…I just KNEW that was what I was going to be one day! Ok, how about I go all Meghan on you and list them in chronological order? 😉
1. Teacher…I think every kid thinks this at least once!
2. Singer…I was in EVERY talent show in grade school always singing hits from Patti Loveless and Reba (my music idols at the time).
3. Artist…because who wouldn’t want to just color all day??
4. Teacher…and then the battle for left-brain theory took over!
5. Judge…better than a lawyer because obviously all they do is sit at a super high desk in a really cool robe and bang a hammer around!
6. Archeologist…I’ll admit, this was right about the time that Jurassic Park came out! 😉
7. Teacher…are we seeing a pattern here? Only this time it didn’t last long as I got a job at a daycare when I was in high school and figured out that I kinda sorta hate kids…no offense to all you parents out there…they’re just not really my thing.
8. Veterinarian…ok, totally set…THIS was it…until I got a chance to job shadow at a clinic in my hometown and nearly passed out during a cat spay! How embarrassing!
9. Life-long student?…because it would be a HELL of a lot easier than choosing a major TWO YEARS after I entered college!
2. What dreams did you have when you were younger?
Ever since I came into my teenage years, I’ve been pretty practical. Gone were the dreams of becoming a princess, riding on a brontosaurus, or marrying any of the boys of NSYNC (especially Lance Bass!)…I was all about what was going to make me the best money…for the least amount of
3. Are you in the same career path as what you wanted?
Honestly, I never in a million years thought I’d be where I am now…as in I didn’t even realize the career existed until I got into college. I mean, according to Grey’s Anatomy and House, the doctors do all the x-rays and CAT scans and stuff, right? Haha!
I’d like to say I had some sort of grand epiphany and just KNEW the direction I would go in, but honestly, I was feeling some major (haha, get it?) pressure from my advisor to make a decision…so I got out the university’s book of degrees and basically flipped through it until I found something “cool”. I knew I liked science…specifically biology…but I knew from my near hit-the-floor episode at the vet clinic that I couldn’t handle blood so it kinda just worked out that a degree in radiologic technology (x-ray) would be right for me. Then came the worst year of my college life: cramming in all the science and math prerequisites in ONE year so I wouldn’t have to wait another year to get into x-ray school!
Now don’t get me wrong, I like what I do. I find the human body fascinating and I love seeing some of the stuff I see and learning new things…but, well, it’s just hard sometimes to work in the medical field…seriously, next time you have a test done/appointment, do me a favor and just say thank you!
4. Have you achieved any of your childhood dreams?
Well, there was that time I became a professional hugger…
5. Will you try to make any of those dreams realities?
I’d like to look into getting back to more right-brain activities. I think I can be a really creative person when I’m in the right environment and mindset. I don’t necessarily want to pursue any as job opportunities at the moment, but I’d like to explore more in the way of hobbies…if just to help myself have a chance to get away from the world every now and then. Ya know what I mean?
What did YOU want to be when you were little?
Are you doing it now?