These brussels sprouts, mixed with crispy bits of bacon and melt-in-your-mouth feta cheese, will make the perfect addition to your holiday spread and who knows, you may even convert some of the veggie haters around the table!
Nothing beats the sound of someone sighing with pleasure after taking a bite of something you’ve cooked for them…especially if that something happens to be a side of brussels sprouts and that someone happens to HATE any food that’s green.
I learned long ago, that the secret to happiness is either bacon or cheese or better yet, bacon AND cheese so I had to assume that the secret to getting some of my picky family members to try vegetables would be around similar lines. And since it’s been a month and I STILL haven’t been able to get that Jet’s cheesy bread out of my head, I decided to take it as a sign.
Bacon & Feta Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Keywords: roast side bacon feta cheese brussels sprouts Thanksgiving Christmas winter
- 3 slices uncured, no sugar bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed, small spouts left whole, larger spouts halved
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 Tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
- balsamic glaze for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Dice bacon into bite sized squares and toss with trimmed brussels sprouts, garlic, and salt and pepper.
3. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and place in oven.
4. Cook for 25-30 minutes, pausing every 10 minutes to rotate and flip the sprouts.
5. Remove from oven when sprouts are browned and bacon is crisp.
6. Toss with crumbled Feta and serve warm.
7. Drizzle with balsamic glaze just before serving if desired, but not necessary. I used one similar to this brand.
Not only did my mom, the only one at the table I expected to like these, shoot little cartoon hearts out of her eyes while rocking back in her chair, fading in and out of consciousness…
But I also got a nod of approval AND request for seconds from someone who basically turned green the one time they tried sugar snap peas!
Oh and The Nuts approved as well! So as you can see, this is a recipe that is NOT to be missed! 😉
For my meat eaters, what’s your favorite thing to pair with bacon?
Non-meat eaters, what’s your favorite thing to pair with cheese?
If you don’t eat either, what is your favorite green veggie?
See, everyone’s included! 😆