DO come true!
In the form of pancakes!
Or more specifically, PICTURES of pancakes!
Like this one…
And this one…
And ohhh, what do you guys think of this one?
Yeah…with a little maple syrup action going on! 😉
I woke up on Friday morning craving pancakes something fierce!
Almond Cookie Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast high protein low-sodium no sugar added vegetarian almond extract oats egg whites cottage cheese Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 medium ripe banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 drops butter-flavored Capella drops (or 1/8 teaspoon butter extract)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped or slivered almonds (optional)
1. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine oats, coconut flour, and baking powder in a blender or small food processor and process oats to a fine powder.
3. Combine cottage cheese, milk, banana, and extracts in a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until flour is incorporated.
5. Fold almonds into batter if using.
6. Spoon batter onto skillet, forming 3 small-medium-sized pancakes.
7. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until golden brown with crisp edges.
8. Plate and top with slivered almonds, fresh fruit, and/or maple syrup.
Nutrition facts without added almonds in batter:
20 grams of protein from ALL-NATURAL sources!
Now, originally, I was going to keep these from you guys
for at LEAST a week or so. I know, I’m horrible, but hear me out…
Since Nikki and I still haven’t had time to bond, I knew if I wanted to take pictures, my phone was my only other option. So, seeing as the breakfast sushi shots came out pretty well with the ol’ iPhone, I thought I’d give it a go…and oh my gosh, they came out TERRIBLE!
I couldn’t do it. I’m just too much of a perfectionist to have allowed those pictures to make it to the blog…especially for pancake Sunday (it’s like hallowed ground ya know)! 😉
Then, on a whim, I decided to pick up Nikki and take a shot. I looked at the display and I couldn’t believe my eyes…
IT LOOKED PERFECT!
After that, I celebrated by taking about 3986 more pictures (only a mild exaggeration…just be glad I was able to narrow it down to seven for this post)! 😉
I’m still at a loss as to why the pictures turned out so well since I still have no idea what I’m doing, but for now I’m perfectly content with thanking the birthday fairy for granting me my ONE birthday wish!
What would be your wish if TODAY was your birthday?