Now don’t go getting any ideas…
She’s just NOT that KIND of broccoli!
Silly kids…always with your minds in the gutter….sheesh! 😉
But it IS time for some lovin’…
I know, I was a total tease ending Monday’s post the way I did! But I’m sorry, there was just TOO much marvelousness to share it all! So here’s a deeper (again with the dirty minds? Please!) look into Sunday’s kitchen happenings thanks to the amazing
Meghan from Clean Eats, Fast Feets!
I’ve been reading Meghan’s blog for some time now (Do you? because you SHOULD!). Between her witty commentary, her give-it-to-ya-how-it-is attitude, and the fact that her mind pretty much doubles as a juke box, I just can’t seem to stay away.
And her recipes?
Well why don’t I just SHOW you? 😉
I’ve been saying I was going to make her Cheddar Cauliflower Soup for MONTHS now…so a few weeks ago, I went and picked up a fresh head of cauliflower at the store. Then I proceeded to make half a dozen Cauliflower Dessert Pizzas and no telling
HOW many batches of Cauliflower Pancakes!
Um, ADD much?!
So last week, I went BACK to the store and bought ANOTHER one and proclaimed Sunday as…
I gathered my ingredients…
Um yeah, how about those leeks are from the same batch I bought back when I made THESE?! Don’t worry, I peeled back the funky bits!
Holy shelf life Batman!!! 😯
I used my garbage bowl…
For something other than a hat! 😉
I played with a new seasoning mix…
Annnnd well, since I didn’t have any cheddar cheese on hand, I decided (in true Heather fashion) to make a few minor tweaks…I actually decreased the liquid a bit, omitted the flour, and used nutritional yeast in the soup which actually made it VEGAN!
But then I found THIS little guy lurking in the back of the fridge…
completely bastardized it couldn’t resist! 😉
But the fun did NOT stop there…after seeing the drool-worthy pics of her Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche that she seduced me with all week with a link to the easiest crust recipe I’ve ever seen, I figured what the heck!
Again, I had no cheddar…and with not much more to spare of the one that
mounted topped off the soup, I decided it was time for Heather to get down and dirty eggy! 😉
I mixed up my crust…
Seriously? Easy as
pie quiche! You CAN’T mess this up folks!
And then it was time to
clean out the fridge to add my well thought out combination of ingredients…
Remnants of peppers, onions, and celery from the crisper?…sure why not?
Eggs, milk, and BACON?!…you bet your sweet ass! 😉
Off to the oven and in less than an hour I had THIS:
It’s so fluffy I’m gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!!
went limp deflated shortly after…
But at least I got a piece!
Of quiche people…QUICHE!! Where are your minds today? 😉
Spicy “BLT” Quiche
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50-55 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast entrée high protein eggs
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- Prepared quiche crust
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning (I like Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 slices pre-cooked bacon, crumbled (I like Trader Joe’s nitrate free fully cooked stuff)
- Greek yogurt (or sour cream) for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare quiche crust and spread into a 9 inch pie pan.
3. Layer ingredients from spinach to bell peppers.
4. Combine milk, eggs, and spices in a medium-sized bowl and whisk well.
5. Pour contents over veggies.
6. Top with crumbled bacon.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until egg is set.
8. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
9. Serve with a dollop of cool Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and enjoy.
Oh and I’m sorry, but looks like I’m gonna have to teeeeeease you again, because even though THIS
moan-inducing delicious granola…
Inspired by Meghan’s Apple Pie Granola…is too good NOT to share, this post is already LONG enough and I’m sure I’m about to
hit a climax overdo it with the euphemisms and innuendos! 😉
So, until next time, just remember…