Now wait a minute, y’all
This post ain’t for every veggie
Only the sexy squash
So all you fly gourds, get on out there and cook
COOK, I said!
♫ Spaghetti squash’s here, its raw, and cut in half… ♫
♫ Want you to cook it, babe! ♫
♫ Chillin’ by day… ♫
♫ Then at night… ♫
♫ Steamin’ up a sweat! ♫
♫ C’mon guys let’s GO… ♫
♫ Show this veg that we know how to… ♫
♫ Become super soft in a hot micro showwww… ♫
♫ Now cook it – cook it good! ♫
♫ Ah, cook it – cook it REAL good! ♫
♫ Ah, cook it – cook it good ♫
♫ Ah cook it – cook it REAL good! ♫
*Cue 90’s style dancing with plenty of hip thrusting and awkward elbow movements*
Bonus points for wearing spandex and gold costume jewelry. 😉
Microwave-Steamed Spaghetti Squash
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: microwave steam entrée side spaghetti squash
Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
1. Slice squash in half lengthwise, scrape out seeds, and place cut side down in a microwave-safe dish with 1 inch of water in the bottom.
2. Cover with plastic wrap, leaving one corner open to allow steam to escape.
3. Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
4. Carefully remove dish from microwave, peel back plastic wrap, flip squash over and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
5. Scrape flesh out with a fork and serve as desired.
♫ Oh baby baby…baby, baby ♫ 😉
♫ Oh baby baby…baby, baby ♫
Peanut Butter Squash Mug Cake
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Keywords: microwave breakfast snack dessert dairy-free gluten-free grain-free high protein vegetarian peanut flour spaghetti squash #strangebutgood
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/4 cup peanut flour
- 1/4 cup cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3-5 drops liquid stevia (or other preferred sweetener)
- Greek yogurt, strawberries, and peanuts for topping
1. Coat a small ramekin or mug with coconut oil.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
3. Transfer batter to ramekin or mug and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
4. Carefully remove, turn cake out, and top with Greek yogurt, strawberries, and chopped peanuts.
Like seriously…go to the kitchen and make this super simple, possibly strange, and oh so
moist SEXY cake…NOW!
And then come back and click on over to Sprint 2 the Table to see what #strangebutgood things everyone else
rapping about cookin’ up this week! 😉
And for your viewing pleasure…