Incredibly filling, this spaghetti squash dish, topped with creamy, garlicky avocado sauce, is ready in 30 minutes or less…and you’d never guess it’s VEGAN!
What’s that? A SAVORY dish?! I know, I know…I was a bit surprised myself when I first concocted this rich and creamy sauce. I was not so surprised, however, that after my first taste, that I wasted ANY time hunting down a spatula to scrape the blender clean!
This meal is perfect for those nights when you come home from work and all you want is a quick and easy dinner you can
put on the table eat in your lap while you sit with your fuzzy slippered feet up.
Precook your spaghetti squash at the beginning of the week and it can be even easier…all you have to do is heat it up! Or you could be
lazy strange like me and eat it cold! 😉
Either way, this recipe NEEDS to be in your regular menu rotation!
A great source of healthy fats and protein, with enough veggies to please any volume eater, this gluten-free dish is sure to satisfy! And if your meat-eaters still think something lacking, just top it with some grilled chicken or shrimp!
Spaghetti Squash with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: microwave food processor blender entrée dairy-free gluten-free grain-free vegan vegetarian avocado spaghetti squash #strangebutgood
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, like peas and carrots
- 1 large avocado
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons favorite salt-free seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook spaghetti squash in the microwave according to these instructions.
2. While the squash cooks, combine remaining ingredients (except for the mixed vegetables) in a small blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
3. After the squash has finished cooking, fluff with a fork and then add sauce and vegetables and serve in the peel.
Who needs to dirty up dishes when your food comes with its own disposable bowl?! 😉
And just because this recipe makes me think of sunshine and warm weather (which I’m hoping we get this weekend), I’m busting out my spring-ified logo!Be sure to head on over to Sprint 2 the Table to see what other #strangebutgood creations are being linked up this week!
What is your favorite way to eat spaghetti squash?