Happy Sunday, loves!
I hope you are all having a wonderfully relaxing weekend!
Last week, I was nominated by not one, but TWO lovely ladies, Lucie and Carly, for the Sunshine Award! These two women are both incredibly strong, beautiful and have amazingly inspiring life stories. Lucie is a whiz at quick and easy meals and Carly will have you wanting to pee your pants before you finish the first paragraph…guaranteed! All I gotta say is if you don’t know these ladies already, you need to change that ASAP!
Since I’m vacationing it up in Florrrrrrrida this week, this award really couldn’t have come at a better time…thanks ladies! 😀
So let’s do this!
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
Of course, SINCE I’m on vacation, I think it’s only fair that I get to bend the rules a bit so I’m going to answer FIVE questions from each and then tag ALL of you! Sound good? Yeah, I thought so! 😉
1. If someone would produce a movie about you, who would you want to play your role?
2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Since my days can get a little scary what with the night shift and my on and off bouts with insomnia, I sat down a couple of weeks ago and developed a little morning routine that I started last week:
Drink a glass of cold water
I mentioned last week how I’ve been struggling to find my motivation to get back in the gym and I think it was because I was starting the day with the wrong attitude (as in I “have” to or “need to” go to the gym). I’m happy to report that since I started doing these things last week, my energy has been SO much better and I’ve actually WANTED to go to the gym and just move my body!
3. What was your career aspiration when you were a kid?
For the longest time, I wanted to be a teacher…until I realized I didn’t really like kids. Then I wanted to be a vet…until I realized that I didn’t really like blood and guts. Finally, in college, I decided to be an x-ray tech and have only recently realized that it solved both my problems: I’ve had the opportunity to teach new techs how to do the job AND the blood and guts are kept to a minimum! 😉
4. Where is your favorite place in this world?
5. And which place do you dream of visiting one day?
EUROPE! I plan to eat my way through the country…starting with GREECE! 😉
1. Do you prefer grocery shopping or clothes shopping?
2. What’s your favorite way to show somebody that you love them?
I’ve talked about it before, I’ve always shown love through cooking and baking for others. I just love to see someone’s face light up when they take a bite of something I’ve made and I take a lot of pride in the things that I create for them…need I remind you of the
SEX cake? 😉
3. Are you more like your mom, your dad, or neither?
Not only do I look a like my dad (thanks for the gorgeous green peepers, Pop!), but I also have adopted a lot of his traits throughout my life…including his sense of humor, his way of getting “shit” done, and well, since he used to be a sailor, I guess that could explain my usual use of “slang”! 😉
4. If you could listen to one band/singer for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Oh my gosh, this is a hard one! My taste in music is always changing, but I will say the one band that has pretty much remained a constant in my life has been The All-American Rejects…I never have to listen to their albums before buying them!
5. Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? If not, would you ever get one?
I don’t have any tattoos, but I do have six piercings: two in each ear, my navel, and my nose…which is one that actually has sentimental reasons behind it since it was one of the things I did for ME after my divorce.
BONUS: If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Please, I already HAVE a superpower…
And maybe I’ll eventually get back to my ways of “saving the world” again soon…
One pancake at a time! 😉