Oh yes, the “Figalicious”-ness continues…
So this recipe may not be ALL that strange, BUT my degree of obsession with this flavor combo may be…I’ll let you be the judge! Just please, please, PLEASE give this a try. If you’re a fan of sweet and tangy and you like figs, it will NOT disappoint!
And well, if you don’t like it…I’m sorry, but you must be
Fig, Walnut, & Bleu Cheese Omelet
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: saute breakfast egg whites eggs figs summer
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 3 egg whites (or two whole eggs)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 3-4 fresh figs, chopped, halved
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled bleu cheese, halved
- 1 Tablespoon crushed toasted walnuts
- drizzle of honey
1. Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat
2. Add onions and half of the chopped figs and saute until onions are tender (3-4 minutes).
3. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, wipe out skillet, and coat thoroughly with non-stick spray.
4. Whisk egg whites, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Pour egg mixture into skillet, swirling it around to coat the sides of the pan.
6. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until egg is partially set.
7. Uncover and add sautéed onions and figs and bleu cheese one side of the omelet, then fold other side overtop.
8. Recover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Transfer to a plate and top with the remaining chopped fig, cheese, and walnuts (To toast walnuts quickly: spread on a plate and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes or until fragrant).
10. Drizzle with honey and ENJOY!
If you think the addition of the honey is figgin’ strange, you’re just gonna have figgin’ trust me on this one…
Because the sweetness of the figgin’ honey balances out the tanginess of the figgin’ bleu cheese figgin’ perfectly!
In other words…
It’s mother-figgin’ delicious! 😉
Now head on over to Laura’s blog and see what other figgin’ awesome eats my fellow strange peeps are linking up this week this week! 😉
What is your favorite thing to pair with cheese?
What’s the best figgin’ think you’ve eaten lately?