Hello, my name is Heather and I’m addicted to mug cakes.
It’s true. Ever since Amanda opened my eyes to the wonderful world of mug cakes that included a WHOLE egg in them, I’ve been smitten! And after a few experiments on my own, I’ve even found a way to get them TWICE as fluffy!
Gone are the days of sponge-like dried out mug cakes, and onward to days filled with pillowy soft, fluffy, peanut buttery deliciousness!
What started as dessert, quickly became breakfast, lunch, or DINNER…and I may or may not have had two in one day! And over Thanksgiving, I totally got my sister hooked on them too! 😀
I crave them with chocolate.
I crave them with fruit.
I crave them with chocolate AND fruit!
I’m not sure how long this addiction will last, but since the topping combinations are pretty much endless AND it only takes 5 minutes to get it in front of ma’ face, I’m willing to guess it’ll be around for a while! Please, feel free to join me! 😉
Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Keywords: microwave breakfast dessert dairy-free high protein grain-free gluten-free vegetarian cake
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 2 Tablespoons peanut flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter extract
- 1-2 teaspoons of sweetener if desired
1. Coat a large mug or small microwave-safe dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine milk and vinegar (or lemon juice) in a small bowl and allow to set 2-3 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flours and baking soda and stir with a whisk to break up any lumps.
4. To your milk mixture, whisk in egg and extracts.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
6. Transfer batter to mug and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
7. Serve in mug with desired toppings.
Note: The vinegar (or lemon juice) acts as a reactant with the baking soda creating DOUBLE the fluffiness. Believe me, you do NOT want to leave this out! Just check out the differences in the pictures above…the chocolatey ones were made without the vinegar!
It’s so FLUFFAAAAAAAAAAY!
Aww, c’mon, you had to know that was coming. 😉 Now please, if you’ll excuse me, the microwave just beeped….
What would you top your mug cake with?
Any big plans for the weekend? How’s your Friday the 13th going? 😯
All I’ve got to say is THANK GOD I’m not working!