Happy PANCAKE Sunday, lovelies!
I know, it’s been a few weeks since we’ve celebrated, but with so much going on this month, it’s been hard to find the time to make pancakes AND have photographic evidence of them. Maybe I should move to Alaska? You think the never-ending daylight would make up for the fact that it’s so damn cold all the time? Yeah, who am I kidding? I’m too thin-skinned for that!
Confession: Even though I made these back in SEPTEMBER, I decided I wasn’t going to share them until closer to spring.
But then you guys took me by surprise…I couldn’t believe how many of you picked carrot to be your favorite kind of cake…OBVIOUSLY, it was a sign! 😉
They may not be covered in cream cheese frosting, but with a little help from my friends at Yoplait, I was still pretty smitten with them!*
And seriously, would ya get a load of these insides!?
Fluffy, spicy, carrot-y deliciousness! 😀
Truth be told, I already have a carrot cake pancake recipe in the KMB archives, but I’ve been thinking about
pimping pumping them up with a bit of protein for a while now. And well, since this little plate was practically licked clean less than 5 minutes after taking the pictures, I think it’s safe to say we have a winner!
I know what you’re thinking…just shut up and get to the recipe already!
Ok, just one more pic! 😉
Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes (GF)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Keywords: breakfast pancakes gluten-free high protein carrots Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour (ground from groats)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein (30g scoop)
- 1/2 teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple-flavored Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup water (or milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- Toppings: Pineapple-flavored Greek yogurt thinned with water, toasted walnuts, shredded coconut, and raisins
1. Preheat non-stick skillet or griddle to medium-low heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, stir with a wire whisk to break up any lumps.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg white until frothy.
4. To egg white, add yogurt, water (or milk), and extract and stir well.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
6. Fold in grated carrot.
7. Allow batter to rest for at least 5 minutes.
8. Spoon batter onto skillet surface, forming 3 small-medium sized pancakes.
9. Cook for 6-7 minutes before flipping and cooking an additional 3-4 minutes on the other side.
10. Transfer to a plate and top with thinned yogurt, toasted walnuts, shredded coconut, and raisins.
Of course, if you just HAVE to get a cream cheese fix, feel free to whisk up a simple sauce of cream cheese, milk, and your favorite sweetener!
*Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post and I was not compensated in any way. While Yoplait has sent me free product in the past, all the above opinions are my own.
What are you guys up to this weekend?
Can you believe there are only TEN more days until Christmas?!