Hey Hey Hey!
Happy Monday party peoples!
When I started thinking about what I did last week so I could share with Meghan’s
Week in Review linkup, I noticed a little trend…
The man-friend seriously is as obsessed with TJ Maxx as I am! But this time, instead of making a bee-line for the food stuffs (we did that later of course) he had other plans…he bought me a dress to wear to Blend! 😀
My FIRST Caribbean food experience at Calypso Cafe…and it was ahhhhmazing!
I ordered the mustard greens (Heaven), spiced sweet potatoes, black beans, and coconut cornbread muffins (I DIE!) while the man-friend went with the pulled BBQ chicken, rice, and beans.
Store brands are where’s it’s AT! Especially when you can find peanut butter jars the size of your face and
animal alphabet CRACKERS (not cookies) that don’t have any sketchy ingredients!
C’mon, I know I’m not the only one who plays with my food! Peanut butter with
animal alphabet crackers and a Nicole’s blueberry surprise muffin topped with coconut yogurt “frosting”
Did somebody say sale?! It’s not my fault…Melissa made me do it! Plus, weekly bulk purchases from Sam’s…think I got enough greens? 😉
Two things I’ve been LIVING off of this week…cheese and egg toaster sandwiches and cereal (by the spoonful, bowlful, and handful!)
I may not be ready to have children of my own, but you better BELIEVE I’ll go crazy buying pink stuff for my soon-to-be-mama bestie!
And you know what else amuses me?
Teasing you guys even more with my man-o-mystery! 😉
Shopping my refrigerator for Asian-y ingredients…
Breaking out the infamous camera-hogging chopsticks…
And creating a recipe for this week’s #MMAZ ingredient!
Say hello to my little
friend coleslaw! 😉
When I started brainstorming ideas for this week’s cabbage recipe, I immediately thought of coleslaw (duh). Going off the idea of one of my favorite coleslaw recipes, I decided to add a bit more color, some Asian flare, and a little protein and I have to say I think I ended up with a winner!
Peanut Sesame Coleslaw
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Chill 2-3 hours
Keywords: raw side gluten-free cabbage Meatless Monday
Ingredients (Makes 4 sides, 2 entrees)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-4* tablespoons peanut flour + 2 tablespoons water (or 2-4* tablespoons creamy peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or other preferred sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup edamame, thawed from frozen
- 3 green onions, green parts only, diced
- sesame seeds and peanuts for garnish*If going for an entrée instead of a side, add more peanut flour or peanut butter
1. Combine vinegar through garlic in a medium-large-sized bowl and whisk well.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat.
3. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours to allow flavors to meld.
4. Serve topped with sesame seeds and peanuts.
Peanut and sesame are two of my most FAVORITE flavors when it comes to Asian cuisine. They lend a sort of creamy flavor to the sweet-tartness of the traditional coleslaw mixture and goes great with the buttery edamame!
Seriously, go make this NOW!
Did you do any shopping, eating, and repeating this weekend?
What is your favorite way to enjoy cabbage?