Geez, is this thing on??
Happ-yyyyyyyyyyy PANCAKE Sundaaaaaaaaay!!
Um, yeah…so it’s been a while, huh? I was honestly starting to think that after SIX months, I might never flip again! But lo and behold, here I am! That’s right folks, your Pancake Queen is BACK! Now, cue the slow clap and start the chant…
It happened one regular Thursday morning…after weeks of toying with the idea of pulling out the old griddle, I finally gave in. It was nerve-racking to say the least. What if I forgot how? What if all the stressors of calorie counts come back? WHAT if they end up tasting like cardboard?!
To help put my mind at ease, I threw on my
fluffy QUEENLY robe, grabbed my ROYAL spatula, pulled up my favorite playlist on my iPod IMPERIAL auditory device and hit shuffle…
♫ Take me down to the
paradise PANCAKE city
Where the cakes are clean
And the sauce is creamy! ♫
some sugar YOGURT SAUCE on me! ♫
♫ Oh oh oh oh sweet
child CAKE of mine!! ♫
♫ Is this love…that I’m
feelin’ FLIPPIN? ♫
What? I told you I was a total ROCKSTAR! And yeah, I may or may not have tied scarves to my spatula and used it as a microphone while I was anxiously waiting to flip! Obviously, plants aren’t the only things that take well to the musical environment because these babies they came out perfectly on the FIRST try! They’re superhuman, hippie-fied, and OH sooooooo SEXY on the inside! 😉
Coconut Raspberry Pancakes (GF)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: breakfast gluten-free coconut flour coconut milk raspberries Pancake Sunday summer
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free instant oats
- 1/8 cup brown rice flour
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg + 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh raspberries
- Toppings: Coconut-flavored yogurt thinned with water (or milk), raspberries, shredded coconut, and cacao nibs
1. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine coconut milk and vinegar, stir and allow to set for 4-5 minutes.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir with a wire whisk to break up any lumps.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and egg whites.
5. Stir in milk and vanilla to eggs and then add to dry ingredients, mix well.
6. Spoon batter onto skillet, forming 4 small-medium sized pancakes (batter will be thick).
7. Cook 6-7 minutes before flipping (batter will not bubble) and another 3-4 minutes on the other side before transferring to a plate.
8. Top with thinned coconut yogurt, raspberries, shredded coconut, and cacao nibs.
Not a single thought or worry over calories, fat grams, or sugar entered my head once I took that first bite…and cardboard was the absolute FURTHEST thing from my mind. The texture was unreal…so soft and cakey! And the juicy raspberries were like little “pops” of surprises scattered throughout! I used coconut-flavored Yoplait Greek yogurt for sauce along with some crunchy toppings, but if you go with a non-dairy yogurt, these babies can also be completely DAIRY-FREE!!
Sorry for the overabundance of exclamation points, but if you can’t tell, I’m a little excited to be back!!…!!!!!!!!
Now please, get back to your regular scheduled weekending! Just do me a favor…crank up your favorite tunes, step into your kitchen, grab a spatula, spoon, or hell, even a turkey baster (that thing has to get used more than ONCE a year!), and get in touch with your inner Martha Tyler…you have my royal permission! 😉
When’s the last time you rocked out?
Are you celebrating Pancake Sunday with me today?