Happy Sunday, luffs!
I know, I know…peaches aren’t exactly in season anymore…BUT when you find a 4-pack of peaches at the International market for a whopping TWO BUCKS (so you can finally make this) and then the next morning, you have some hungry blends standing in your kitchen on their SECOND cup of coffee while you’re busy raiding the fridge trying to decide what flavor pancakes you can whip up to seriously impress them all the while wondering why the HECK you didn’t at least an inkling of a plan before you woke up and you’re sweating under all the FRIGGIN’ PRESSURE…
You say what the hell and whip up some PEACH pancakes!
All this being purrrrrely hypothetical, of course! 😉
Oh I know, we’ll just throw some fall–festive leaves in there! Quick peach, pretend you’re a pumpkin! 😉
Regardless of the season, I’m sharing these with you today because they were fan-freaking-tastic…and if you don’t believe me, I’ve got two lovely ladies well-versed in the fruit persuasion who can back me on this…proof AND proof!
*insert smug emoticon here*
Speaking of boosting my ego, can I just say how great it is to hear someone enjoying something that I’ve made? I mean seriously, it’s THE best…right up there with the feeling you get in your arms after you set down the 20 grocery bags you carried up the stairs from your garage because you insisted on not making two trips!
Ahhhhhh, sweet release…I mean PEACHES! Yes, I was talking about pancakes!
So umm, yeah…you should make these…because they kinda like make your eyes roll back into your head and you forget to breathe for a minute.
Light and fluffy and FILLED with juicy peaches (use frozen or canned if you still insist on hatin’). The coconut and almond flavors hidden within bring out the peach flavor even more. And covered in a sweet and creamy yogurt sauce, it will definitely take you to that special place…you know where
Channing Tatum Tatum Channing carries all 20 of your grocery bags in for you…in one hand…while shirtless…and now I’ve got THIS song in my head! Hmm, can you tell I’m typing this up before my weekly visit with the man-friend? 😉
Peaches & Cream Protein Pancakes (GF)
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Keywords: breakfast pancakes high protein vegetarian gluten-free Pancake Sunday summer
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/3 cup oat flour (ground from gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (30g scoop)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg white
- 2 Tablespoons peach-flavored Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoon water (or milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup diced peaches (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- Toppings: thinned yogurt mixed with a bit of maple syrup, diced peaches, toasted almonds, and toasted coconut
1. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl combine dry ingredients and stir with a wire whisk to break up any lumps.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg white until frothy.
4. To the egg, add yogurt, water (or milk) and extracts and whisk well.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
6. Fold in peaches.
7. Spoon batter onto skillet, forming three small-medium sized pancakes.
8. Cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping and cooking an additional 3-4 minutes.
9. Transfer to a plate and add toppings.
10. Enjoy while fantasizing about pecs…I mean PEACHES!!
You tell ’em, Peach!
Now I’m off…to go “make pancakes” with the man-friend! 😉