I hope you all had a FANTABULA-MARVELOUS weekend!
While my weekend didn’t go exactly as planned, I managed to make the most out of it and I have to say, it carried on the mood that had been going all last week!
And what better way to share it with you guys than to join in with some marvelous, week recapping, and veggie lovin’ fun than with Katie’s, Meghan’s AND Heather’s Monday link parties…hey, if three’s a crowd, four’s a party right?! 😉
Get out those party hats!
First of all, let me just say that it is im-FREAKIN-possible to not have a good week when 75% of it looks like this…
Like I mentioned Friday, I’ve been able to do a lot more in the way of therapy for my knee lately. Well, with the weather being so great, I just couldn’t stand the thought of cycling into a brick wall for 15-20 minutes every day so I instead, I took it outdoors!
And I’m SO glad I did, or else I would have missed out on this…
So, with a swell of Vitamin D coursing through my veins,
this is how my week went:
- On Sunday, I started the week off right with a bowl of healthy, protein-packed Greek yogurt…I’m not sure HOW that Capt’n Crunch got in there! 😯
Note to self: Don’t tell the man-friend you’re craving something and NOT expect to have it sitting in front of you within 20 minutes.
- Monday, before my shopping spree, I zipped off to the post office first thing to bring some smiles to two lovely ladies! If there’s anything I love more than receiving packages in the mail, it’s SENDING them!
- Tuesday was pretty uneventful except for the best damn breakfast wrap in the world!
- Wednesday, I gave myself a manicure (Essie’s Coat Azure), discovered a new favorite snack, scored some childhood nostalgia in the form of Manager’s Specials, and witnessed that beautiful sunset!
- Thursday morning, I dined al a front porch.
Note to self: You should accidentally coordinate your socks to match your breakfast more often! 😉
- I also enjoyed my fabulous walk in the park and a LOT of reading.
- On Friday, I got to spend some time with the man-friend. My stomach was feeling kinda wonky that night so while I did try a little of each of the dishes on our Ethiopian platter, my dinner was pretty much one injera and a KeVita.
Note to self: The man-friend WILL drive to opposite sides of the city to obtain a beverage AND the only food you think you can handle with a queasy tummy.
- After dinner, we relaxed on the couch and watched this awesome movie.
- Saturday, I spent the day man-friendless. He ended up getting called into work for SIXTEEN HOURS! Since I didn’t have any other plans, and a cold front had come in, I spent the whole day in my PJ’s catching up on blogs and having the BEST day of intuitive eating since I started my journey…but you’ll have to wait until Wednesday for that!
- Yesterday, after getting back from my best friend’s baby shower, I was blown away by the hits I got on yesterday’s “Pancake Confessional” post! I had way TOO much fun with typing that up and I’m SO glad you all got a kick out of it. I love making you guys laugh…it seriously makes my day! 😀
- After reading through some of your comments, I decided to indulge in a little nap. Even thought it wasn’t the best sleep I could have gotten, I guess it was just enough because after I woke up I took a shower, did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and then decided I was gonna bake some muffins!
For this week’s “cook” portion of MMAZ, I had every intention of making Sarah’s Blueberry Coconut Breakfast Loaf, but when it came down to it, I wasn’t feeling very protein-y so I had a look at the other link ups and when I spied Nicole’s Blueberry Surprise Muffins, I KNEW I had to make them…although I created a surprise all my own!
I used a mix of whole wheat pastry and whole wheat flour, 1 whole egg instead of a flax egg, almond extract instead of vanilla, decreased the sugar to 1/3 cup, and added a spoonful of COCONUT PEANUT BUTTER instead of the raspberry filling.
I had visions of
sugar plums ooey gooey peanut buttery goodness spewing forth once I tore into the finished product, but unfortunately, that wasn’t the case…
Still 100% delicious, but I guess next time, I’ll save the PB for the topping.
Dude, I just remembered that I still have to try Amanda’s blueberry muffins!
What’s your favorite kind of muffin?
Omg, I LOVE muffins…blueberry, strawberry, banana nut, pumpkin, you name it!!
What was the most marvelous thing that happened in your life last week?