What can I say, if there is ONE thing I love more than alliteration, it’s rocking out a rhyme before reeling in the reekend! 😉
So, after much
gooberation deliberation, I decided to do a vlog after all. But not just any vlog…oh no, I decided to work in a little fitness as well! I set the stage living room, I donned my costume laced up my sneakers, and recorded myself showing you ALL…
The progressions of jumping jacks!
Or well, at least that’s what I DREAMT the other night! 😉
Unfortunately, I am still pretty FAR from starring in any You Tube fitness videos.
In the last couple of weeks, I’ve not only been able to FINALLY ditch the crutch, but I’ve also transitioned from pool therapy to exercise on the stationary bike! Of course that’s with only a miiiiiinor amount of resistance, but still…PROGRESS! In the beginning of my therapy, it was all about building back the muscles that atrophied in the week following my surgery, but now, the focus is my range of motion.
Oh, and my therapist fixed me up with some good ol’
duct kinesio tape the other day too! It actually helps support of the muscle fibers and encourages them to “snap back” after a contraction so that I can work on getting my knee to bend past Capt’n Morgan status…
Yeah, that looks about right! 😉
Originally, the doctor thought I’d be ready to go back to work this Sunday, but during my appointment yesterday, we both decided that I should work a bit more on my flexibility/stability and also on improving my endurance as of right now…if I walk for longer than 30 minutes, I get seriously winded and start looking more like
Captain Peg Leg.
So she’s giving me one more week to whip this leg into shape before I’m ready to
walk the plank go back to work <- same thing though, right? 😉
And speaking of swimming with the fishes…
Can you believe that segue just totally came to me?? 😉
But seriously, you guys have seen enough #yolkporn on here to know that I’m a lover of the poultry progenies, BUT in the last couple of weeks I’ve realized just how much they truly satisfy me…especially if there’s CHEESE involved, which reminds me…
I promised you guys a recipe!
I guess I didn’t get my fill of Greek the weekend before last, because I have been throwing feta and olives in just about everything lately…but this HAS to be one of my favorites!
Greek Breakfast Wrap
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: stovetop breakfast high protein high fiber eggs whole wheat tortilla
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- S&P to taste
- 1 cup, packed raw spinach
- 1 whole wheat tortilla/wrap
- 2 Tablespoons tzatziki sauce (prepared or homemade)
- 3-4 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2-3 black olives, sliced
1. Set a skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and salt & pepper.
3. Pour into skillet and scramble (about 3-4 minutes), adding half the cheese in the last minute of cooking.
4. Place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl with an inch of water in the bottom, cover with plastic wrap leaving a small vent for steam to release, and cook on high for 1 minute.
5. Spread tortilla with tzatziki, and top with scrambled egg/cheese mixture, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, and olives.
6. Roll, slice, and serve.
Seriously, eggs and cheese…they were meant to be!
Oh yeah, just call me the rhymenocerous! 😉
How do you like your eggs?
Sunny-side up or over easy (as long as there’s a runny yolk) OR scrambled with cheese…I really can’t decide right now!
For my vegan friends, what’s your favorite faux-egg dish?